- 2012-2014 Rehab Apprentice
- 2014 Licensed by TWRA and U.S. Fish & Wildlife
- 2015-2021 Co-founder of Happinest Wildlife Rehabilitation & Rescue, Inc.
- 2021 Founder of Camp Wildernest Wildlife Center
We are Camp Wildernest
Our Bo⛺️rd of Directors
- Sherry Teas
- Cherie Martinez
- Karen Hutton
- Sherry Teas, President
- Linda Koller, Vice President
- Jeff Teas, Treasurer
- Karla Ramirez, Secretary
Our ⛺️mazing Staff
- Betsy Gammon – Animal Care Director
- Bobby Fields – Volunteer Coordinator
- Heather Lange – Lead Trainer
- Mary Marr – Event Coordinator
- Karla Ramirez – Marketing Director
- Sharon Klein – Fundraiser Coordinator
- Karen Reed – Multimedia Training Assistant
- Wolf Jedmanski – Event Photographer
- Lisa Schott – Logo Artist
- Wendy Mitchell – Director of Social Media
- Craig Hart – Webmaster
Volunteers ⛺️re the Heartbeat
CWWC’s volunteers makes our operation the success it is. Volunteers attend four specific training days, followed by a minimum of four “shadow” shifts before working as a scheduled volunteer. After training is completed, eight hours a month are required to remain an active volunteer. Shifts for the bird and turtle teams are available 365 days a year; summer shifts are sunup to sundown. Our wild patients thrive thanks to the care and dedication given from our volunteers.
Our Mission St⛺️tement
Camp Wildernest is dedicated to sick, injured and orphaned wildlife by giving them a second chance through rescue, rehabilitation and release back to their natural habitats. Our goal is to improve the welfare of wild animals with specialized, compassionate care, as well as educating individuals who share our affection for nature.
⛺️bout Our Vision
Our future goal for Camp Wildernest is to relocate our center to a public location, with the vision to provide rehabilitation of misfortuned wildlife for generations to come. We will strive to pass on our passion to care for wildlife long after we are unable to do this ourselves; therefore, handing over the reins to our trained, qualified staff.